2.27.2011

Arcata

I don't think I've ever been able to fully put this into words until now, but it seems that Melissa and I often spend our free weekends in search of the cold and rainy places, specifically where the trees are only separated from the sea by fields of fog. It's become evident to me through looking back at the pictures we take, which is a strange way to find the common thread of our weekend adventures.


A little over a month ago, Melissa and I went on a spur of the moment trip to Arcata, a small city nestled above Eureka in Northern California. A five hour drive landed us in this sleepy town, home of Humbolt State University, and not much else. We enjoyed our few days there by driving through this serene coastline, hiking deep into Fern Gulch, and driving up and down foggy country roads. There's something appealing about this slower-paced lifestyle, it's strangely magnetic.


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment