1.27.2011

Big Sur

Some friends of ours just got back from a trip to Big Sur, and I'm all nostalgic. Ed and I spent five days in Big Sur last July. It was Ed's birthday, and we wanted to do one last road trip just the two of us before the baby arrived.


Big Sur is one of the most romantic places I've ever been. It has a magical quality. It was the first trip Ed and I took together (almost 4 years ago!) and we have taken many trips since, but this place makes me fall in love with my husband all over again. We camped in the Los Padres National Forest - check out the front cover of Sunset's July issue. That's our spot. Seriously.


We drove to Carmel for a day, walked on the beach with Otis, had breakfast at Deetjen's (I made Ed promise we could stay a night at this funky place on our next trip), checked out the eclectic Henry Miller library, and spent a lot of time talking about how excited we were to meet Leo (of course we didn't know it was Leo at the time, which is hard to wrap my head around now.)


This has got to be one of the most beautiful places on earth - it's no wonder this landscape inspired some of the greatest creative minds of the 20th century.

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment